Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stuff About Me - Chapter 4 - First Day of Second Grade


Today was my first day of second grade. I brought an apple made out of Legos for my teacher. Mrs. Mainprize liked it. One of the first grade teachers asked me how my Daddy was doing. I said 'He died.'. She hugged me and said "I'm sorry.". First we colored a back pack thing so it could be sent into the office and laminated. Second we made little girls and little boys also to be sent to the front office to be laminated. We did letters and sounds. We also did our DLR - daily language review. At lunch time, I sat with Marissa - a girl from last year. I also played with Marissa during recess. Today was mostly talking from my teacher. At canopy, (where we wait to be picked up) I sat with McKenzie, a girl from last year. She likes Pikachu. The teachers are very strict at canopy - we can't even open our backpacks. Here is a story: Once my teacher had a tarantula loose in her classroom. She called the priciples and both of them came running. They caught the trantula in a nice safe jar so they could let it out in the country.
By for now.

From Emily

3 comments:

CLM said...

My big girl, I am so proud of you.

ladydismith said...

Hi Emily,
It sounds you like had a great first day of school. I am glad you did. I cannot believe you are in second grade! I hope you have a fantastic school year. I really like reading about you on your blog.
Miss Dianne

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily I love your dress you look good in it.I miss you.


LOVE Erika Minich